Single Sign-on Log in Information
FIU provides users with a single sign-on solution (SSO) to access multiple applications after validating their login credentials (their FIU username/panther ID and password) only once. Users can then access many other FIU applications that they might use throughout the day without having to enter their credentials again. This single sign-on solution offers a modern and user-friendly interface, Two-Factor Authentication, and account management tools.
Applications using single sign-on include:
- FIUmail (faculty and staff email system) and the Office365 suite (Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, etc.)
- Panthermail (student email system)
- PeopleSoft applications (MyFIU/Campus Solutions, Financials, and Human Resources)
- Zoom Telehealth
Note: Single Sign-on is only valid in the browser you are using when you log in. If you switch to a different browser, you will need to complete the sign-on process again.
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) increases security on your FIU account by requiring you to log on by using both your password and your device (e.g. mobile phone or hardware token).
Because it requires two-steps to log in, 2FA offers more account security than a password alone - it provides added protection for both individuals and the FIU community at large.
With Two-Factor, signing in to your FIU account will work differently. The best method to use 2FA is through push notifications via the Duo Mobile app (available for smartphone devices). You can also choose to receive text messages or a phone call.
How it works:
- Log in to your FIU account (e.g. FIUmail, PantherMail, MyFIU, etc.) using your FIU username and password.
- Depending on the Two-Factor method chosen, you'll be asked to Confirm Your Identity.
- After you Confirm Your Identity, you will be logged in.
Logging in with Two-Factor